USS has underpinned apartments, churches, commercial properties, municipal or government buildings, plants, hospitals and more. Below are just a few examples of commercial underpinning projects we have completed:
- Brighton Valley Apartments
- Celebration Lutheran Church
- City of Franklin
- Cooks United Methodist Church
- Community Options, Inc.
- David Lipscomb University
- Hickory Glade Condos
- Montgomery County Municipal Buildings
- Northcrest Medical Center
- Pinnacle Heights Apartments
- Lakes of Bellevue Apartments
- LaVergne First United Methodist Church
- Steeplechase Homeowners Assoc.
- Goodpasture Christian School
- Rutherford Co. Board of Education
- Self Storage
- Tennessee Technology Center
- USAA Insurance Co.
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
- U.S. Postal Service – Brentwood
- U.S. Postal Service – Antioch
- Woodbine United Methodist Church
United Structural Systems, Inc. is the go-to choice for Middle TN and Kentucky construction companies and engineers. USS’s qualified team of experts can meet any underpinning challenge by designing and installing an underpinning system tailored to your specific situation.
Expert Underpinning & Foundation Repair in Nashville
What is underpinning?
In some ways, commercial foundation repair is similar to residential foundation repair because many of the same techniques, such as underpinning, can be used.
Underpinning is the process of extending the load bearing portions of the foundation to a deeper elevation, usually bedrock.This is accomplished by excavating to expose the foundation, attach the pier bracket to the foundation and using the reciprocal load of the structure. Piles are hydraulically driven to end bear on bedrock. After all piles have been installed, the structure can be lifted back to its original elevation or stabilized in place.
Underpinning can be used as a foundation repair method in a variety of situations, such as:
- To lift and stabilize a settled structure.
- Increase the capacity of an existing foundation or remove the surcharge load of a structure from nearby excavations.
- USS can design and install an underpinning system tailored to your specific situation.
If you have commercial, municipal, or any other type of structure, call or contact United Structural Systems, Inc. to schedule an appointment with a qualified foundation repair expert to assess your needs.